This article is for Shopify merchants who are looking for some advice on how to add a store locator to their stores.
First of all, let’s define the term “store locator” before diving into its features and best practices.
An online locator service (also known as location finder, store finder, or store locator) is a feature found on websites of businesses with multiple locations that allow visitors to the site to find locations of the business within proximity of an address or postal code or within a selected region.
As a Shopify retailer, you may wonder why you need this kind of widget on your store. So here are 2 main reasons:
- It will boost your offline sales. Quite obvious, right? People who will look for your products online will see that there is a store nearby. If they are interested, they may go and buy it from you offline.
- It will improve the trustworthiness of your business. If you show your clients that you have a bunch of offline stores, they will definitely know that you are the real deal, a real business, with real people.
Essentially, the more (proper) information you provide the better chances to make a sale. And with store locator it so easy to let your customers know when, where, and how they can connect with you and buy something.
Now, let’s quickly review the core features you may look for in a decent store locator:
- First of all, it’s the map. Google Maps is the most popular option but some store locators could use different maps. You need to decide for yourself is the map covers your area in a decent and efficient way.
- Panel with locations information. The basic info can be the name of the location (store), brief description, address, contact information (phone, email), link.
- Filter or search. As your clients would be interested only in the nearby locations, it’s almost essential to have the ability to search or filter locations by address or zip code.
Customizing your store locator is also a good way to increase its efficiency. So as a tip, always try to align its design with your brand identity and main theme. Different store locators will provide you with different ways of customization.
At Develic, we developed our own Store Locator Application for Shopify. It’s called Maps by Develic. If you are looking for a simple yet powerful Store Locator App for Shopify we suggest trying it out.
You can check out our demo https://maps.develic.com/demo without installing it to your Store.
Learn more at https://apps.shopify.com/maps-by-develic (our Shopify App Store page).
As an alternative, here are few links to other store locators (our competitors) from the Shopify App Store:
The bottom line, store locator applications is a cheap and very easy way to increase offline sales and trustworthiness of your business. If you are not using such app now, consider trying it out for a month or two and check the results for yourself.